Installation on OS X
System RequirementsA 64-bit Intel-based Mac running Mac OS X 10.7.3 (Lion) or later. It may also work on OS X 10.6.8, though this is not officially supported.
Tip for Unsupported Systems
If you have a port of Java 8 such as OpenJDK installed on your system, then you can run Strange Eons running using the download for "other" systems. However, you'll have to start it manually and will miss a few features, such as having Strange Eons documents associated with the application.
- Strange Eons 3 comes as a disk image (dmg) file. Download the file, then find it in your Downloads stack.
- Double click the file to mount the disk image.
- In a few moments, a window will open showing the contents of the disk image.
- Double click the installer icon. On OS X 10.8 and up, you will need to follow the special steps below to open the installer.
- There may be a pause of several seconds as the installer starts up. Also, the installer may need to automatically download some additional files before starting. Be patient.
- A window will appear that will guide you through the installation steps. Unless you are a power user, you can simply keep all of the default settings and Strange Eons will be added to your Applications folder.
Instead of double-clicking the installer icon, Control+Click (or right click) the installer icon and choose Open:
A dialog will open to remind you that the file was downloaded. Confirm that you wish to open the file. Click Open and the installer will start: